Business Insight Analyst
The Business Insight Analyst will support IESA driving the adoption of a data led transformation by supporting and delivering insights to drive performance and value for clients and colleagues.
The role will work as part of client team but also in alignment with the data team to drive the business strategic goals by utilising our data assets and analytical techniques to help drive better decision making and provide valuable business insights. You will work with key stakeholders across the business to scope out their requirements, facilitate data modelling and undertake complex analysis of data to help create actionable insight into our customers, assets, services, and strategic direction. As a Business Insight Analyst, you will be delivering your findings to stakeholders of all levels within the business. You will be telling a story, to generate thinking and guide decision making.
Your duties will involve
• Accountable for defining and delivering vision, strategy and roadmap insight for the client driving visibility of key performance indicators
• Work closely with the client team to establish and set key performance measures, standards, and service level agreements.
• Continually analyse and assess KPIs as well as enhance reporting to identify strengths and weakness opportunities and threats to steer and influence decision makers.
• Build robust statistical models from the data and use the best coding practices to generate reproducible work
• Explore and visualize the data to present the ‘story’ of the data in a meaningful way, to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Support strategic and operational decision making to create impact
• Be the voice
• Support organisation capability of the underlying data used in reports, and how to analyse information contained in reports
• Work alongside stakeholders to gather requirements and deliver findings and drive results
• Utilise tools and systems to extract and sort data accurately, ensuring safe and compliant storage of data.
• Drive data management to identify key trends and inefficiencies to enable the streamlining of our processes.
• Delivery of requirements to agreed timescales and to quality standards
• Promote and present data within and outside the organisation
• To carry out such other duties which are consistent with the nature and responsibilities of the job role.
• A highly motivated, positive, and enthusiastic attitude with the ability to exceed internal and external stakeholder expectations on a day to day basis.
• Coding experience (R, Python, SQL, SAS or similar)
• Ability to interpret and analyse data to provide concise and insightful reporting.
• A curious nature and a hunger to learn with a key eye for detail
• Strong written and verbal communication skills including ability to convey complex concepts with simplicity, develop strong relationships with key stakeholders
• Strong numeracy and statistical analysis skills with the ability to apply creative approaches to solve problems
• Experience in gathering requirements, designing a customizing solution to meet customer needs
• The ability to influence decision making using factual data
• Commercial experience in data insight
Hours of work
Monday to Friday 40 hours per week
Remote working function available
EU or UK
IESA is one of Europe’s leading providers of Integrated Supply Solutions to manufacturing industries for the provision of MRO (indirect) products. Our portfolio consists of Procurement Services, Transactional Processing, Stores Management and Inventory Optimisation enabled by industry leading digital platforms. We deliver world class results to world class companies in industries such as Pharmaceuticals, Foods, Beverage, Automotive and Aerospace. We have more than tripled in size over the last six years growing our client spend from £80m to £300m. In May 2018, IESA agreed to be acquired by Electrocomponents plc. (LSE: ECM) are a global omni- channel solutions partner for industrial customers and suppliers. The acquisition of IESA enabled Electrocomponents to enhance and accelerate the group’s value-added services offering, giving it additional capabilities to service corporate customers who choose to outsource their MRO and indirect purchases and inventory management. At the heart of our culture our people are passionate about making a difference every day. We are committed to delivering world-class service to our clients to support our ambitious growth plans. Our values are embedded in our culture which are Champion Change, Render Recognition, Embrace Partnership, Exude Pace and Deliver WOW (CREED) and enable individuals to thrive in our fast-paced environment.
Candidates are asked to apply by submitting their current CV together with a brief cover note and their salary expectations. Please send CVs to: By email to: firstname.lastname@example.org By Post to: IESA Recruitment, Lauren Dulson, The Curve Group, The Old Stables, Charlton House Estate, Hinton in the Hedges, Northants, NN13 5LH