Trainee Digital Developer – Warrington
The Trainee Digital Developer role is a starting role for software developers in IESA, working with Digital Developers and Scrum Team Leaders to solve issues and make software changes while under supervision from more experienced staff.
Your duties will involve
Due to rapid expansion we require a developer for creating and modifying some of the most innovative enterprise, web & mobile solutions within the procurement industry.
You will be joining a positive, forward thinking team, we are looking for developers who understand and respond effectively to the ever-changing needs of all customers, reviewing and recommending improvement.
A successful applicant needs to have a ‘can do’ attitude, able to demonstrate good organizational skills with an ability to manage personal workload, adapt and learn new skills. It is key you have excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
With the variety of projects available you will have the opportunity to thrive and maximize your potential as a Developer and work on all aspect of the development lifecycle.
- Have good business interface skills, consultative “style”
- Be able to communicate clearly ideas and discuss / document solutions
- Work with standardized development methods, processes, and documentation
- Comfortable providing work estimates and working to deadlines
- Be able to move between development projects and support/issue fixing
- Educated to degree level within computing or a technical discipline (or equivalent)
- Experience of web development (inside or outside of degree)
- Experience of SQL(inside or outside of degree)
- Must be able to demonstrate samples of work
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to work on own initiative and be a good team player
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Full development lifecycle experience
- Knowledge of source control
- Experience using a Microsoft language such as VB.NET or C#
You will need the following skills:
- Web development (any language)
- SQL Server
The following desirable skills will have an advantage:
- ASP .NET
- Web services/WCF
- Mobile Development
Hours of work
Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week, shift times to be agreed with your line manager
IESA is one of Europe’s leading providers of Integrated Supply Solutions to manufacturing industries for the provision of MRO (indirect) products. Our portfolio consists of Procurement Services, Transactional Processing, Stores Management and Inventory Optimisation enabled by industry leading digital platforms. We deliver world class results to world class companies in industries such as Pharmaceuticals, Foods, Beverage, Automotive and Aerospace. We have more than tripled in size over the last six years growing our client spend from £80m to £300m. In May 2018, IESA agreed to be acquired by Electrocomponents plc. (LSE: ECM) are a global omni- channel solutions partner for industrial customers and suppliers. The acquisition of IESA enabled Electrocomponents to enhance and accelerate the group’s value-added services offering, giving it additional capabilities to service corporate customers who choose to outsource their MRO and indirect purchases and inventory management. At the heart of our culture our people are passionate about making a difference every day. We are committed to delivering world-class service to our clients to support our ambitious growth plans. Our values are embedded in our culture which are Champion Change, Render Recognition, Embrace Partnership, Exude Pace and Deliver WOW (CREED) and enable individuals to thrive in our fast-paced environment.
Candidates are asked to apply by submitting their current CV together with a brief cover note and their salary expectations. Please send CVs to: By email to: email@example.com By Post to: IESA Recruitment, Lauren Dulson, The Curve Group, The Old Stables, Charlton House Estate, Hinton in the Hedges, Northants, NN13 5LH